Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Run It Out.

Officially, it's on the record books....Valentine's Day = worst day to start the 2 weeks of no carbs.  All I wanted all day was chocolate, and, of course, since I personally loathe the day, I was trying to pretend it wasn't happening.  Then the lack of carbs started messing with my head, and I almost went crazy (okay, it was all in my mind, and only lasted about 20 minutes).  I almost gave up and said "Screw it! I'll start tomorrow!"....but isn't that the way most healthy eating or "diet" decisions go....and then you never start it.

NO, I was determined!  I've got to get those carbs cut down!!

Then, it hit me.  Go run.  Running always releases all the frustrations of the day.  Fight with boyfriend? Go run it out.  Rough day at work and couldn't scream at clients? Run it out. Frustrated at wanting to quit your healthy eating and stuff your face with carbs? RUN. IT. OUT. It's amazing. Even if you hate running, try it when you're frustrated about something. You don't have to do long distances, just enough to get those endorphins pumping.  Running is no longer done as punishment. It's FUN!....no, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment