Monday, February 21, 2011

Know when to Plan a Splurge.

Okay, so just to share for a second, the first week of no-carbs went like this:
 
Day 1: I'm feelin' good! So much energy. This is a piece of cake!! (or NO-cake, actually)
Day 2: Yep, still feelin' pretty good. So many options for no-carbs. Didn't even feel the need to eat dinner. Just not hungry
Day 3: Ate a light breakfast. Feelin' good.  By lunch I was hungry; ate my salad with grilled chicken. By 3 p.m. I was STARVING. Like, "throw this no-carb thing out the window and eat a whole loaf of bread" level of starving.  Could have something to do with not eating dinner, and barely any breakfast or lunch.  BAD IDEA.  But I thought, I'll hit the gym first, and see how I feel after. And by the time I was done running, I had resolved to make grilled chicken and green beans. **Insert self pat-on-the-back here**
Day 4: Back on track....except that I'm now jones-ing for a soda like no other....

Over the weekend I took a short break from no-carbs since I went to Dallas with friends, still keeping in mind that I should eat healthy-ER.  Oh, and we went to brunch on Sunday at this amazing, trendy place called the Dream Cafe. It. Was. Delicious.  And, well, the term No-Carb should never ever be used when referring to brunch, soooooo you can guess what happened there.  Whatever, it was worth it.

See, it's my personal philosophy that no "diet" actually works unless you puposely cheat every once a while, as long as you can get right back on track.  So that was my cheat.  Now, I'm back on no-carbs.  So far it's totally worth it, because I feel so much better and don't have that gross, "heavy" feeling in my stomach from eating something that just seems to sit there and never digest. (i.e. Chinese food. You all know the feeling)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are doing great! Good work! I cheat sometimes. It's cool. I'm not rapidly losing weight any more, but that couldn't go on forever... for obvious reasons. You inspire me to keep going!

    ReplyDelete