Friday, December 2, 2011

Playing Catch Up.....I mean, I forgot I had a blog

Did anyone else think I forgot I had a blog?  Because I did.....seriously, the last couple months have been SO crazy. Hopefully I will have more time now to update on a more regular basis....hopefully. (because obviously y'all have been sitting on the edges of your seats waiting on a new post.....right? RIGHT??)

So, in a nutshell....right after I got back from my Daytona work trip....
Headed to Guatemala on a mission trip with Tulsa First Baptist. Met this precious kid (excuse the bluriness...), and worked in the medical clinic, 1st day as a dental assistant (extracting teeth, filling cavities, and teaching proper teeth brushing), and the 2nd day I was in la farmacia! Ol' Larry would be so proud.

On our last day, we made a trip down to Antigua, where we took a small hike to this beautiful old cross! It was an amazing view.
Another pic of the kids in Guatamala playing on our bus...stole this from one of the other ladies on the tip. Excellent photographer.

I got back from Guatamala JUST. IN. TIME. to make it to Stillwater for The Greatest Homecoming Celebration in the Nation!
Got to see these kids.
...and this kid!
...and 3 of my favorite people in the world. Mom, Dad, and Nick!

And finally, this good lookin' bunch! The whole family!!

Then, after a day of rest and lots of sleeping, and months of praying over it, I made the firm decision to go back to school....yes, I said it, I'm going back to school....full time, working part time (hopefully), and living in the booming metropolis of Kingfisher, America.
Next up, Thanksgiving!  My absolute FAVORITE holiday!!! I mean, c'mon! It's got the best food, the best colors, the best weather, the best family time, the best smells (pumpkin, general smell of fall, the "leaves" scent from Bath and Body) Went home to Kingfisher and celebrated with both sides of the family.  I seriously LOVE when my family from CO gets to be with us! It just makes everything complete!  So late Thursday night/early Friday morning, we were Black Friday shopping at Wal Mart.  I was on the hunt for the $19 printer/scanner.  The Roarks made a killing and got amazing deals....but most importantly, I found this beauty...
That's right...this little slice of heaven is very difficult to find, but if you try it, trust me, you won't be sorry. I had been searching for it for about 3 weeks. I even looked for it the day before at this very Wal Mart.  But Black Friday magic is where it's at. I walked by, just to look, and there it was.....Ahhhhh, delicious. THIS is MY Black Friday deal of the year! (I might be slightly addicted. but I'm okay with it)
...And finally, I helped Mom put up the tree and Christmas decorations while I was home over the weekend....okay, I helped decorate the tree, and then took a nap, passed out on the couch, while she finished decorating the rest of the house.

So, that should pretty much catch everyone up on my life since mid-October, when I last updated.  Basically I'm still happy, blessed beyond belief, and yet somewhat scared and stressed about all the huge changes coming up in life.  But I know God has the answer...


1 comment:

  1. What a FUN post! :) What school are you going to go to and what are you wanting to do when finished with it?
    ...and i don't like coffee but that cinnamon bun stuff i bet tastes great in anything! :)

    ReplyDelete