Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

I'm back! Sorry, forgetting to blog should be an assumption taken from the way you get to this blog. idonthavethepatienceforthis.  I didn't even have the patience to type spaces in between the words.  But I love this current blog idea, so really it's mainly because I've been super-busy traveling for work over the last week.

While I'm on the subject, and, yes, my last post was a quick workout one, but this is where I'm currently at in life. Busy, busy, busy.

SO...what I'm giving you today is time-saving tips for cooking...and cooking healthy at that.

Soup.  My mother happens to be the master at what looks to me as taking whatever she finds in the kitchen, throwing it into a pot, adding some broth, and POOF! It's the most delicious soup you've ever tasted!  Currently, my "go to" soup if I realize on Sunday night I haven't bought groceries OR even thought about my lunches for the week is Taco Soup. 4 cans of beans (black, pinto, red, kidney? I think are the 4 it calls for, but I am "bean picky" so I use 2 cans black and 2 cans pinto), 1 can corn, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1lb ground beef or ground turkey, a taco seasoning packet mixed with the meat, and a ranch packet.  Heat it up on the stove and you've got lunch for days and days (Which also leads to the point of Double or Triple-up on Quantity). It's oh-so-hearty and delicious (if you want a little somethin-somethin extra, add a little shredded cheese and sour cream....and tortilla chips)

You know who else has great soup? Whole Foods! They make several kinds, hot and ready to go everyday! so if you live close to one, check it out.

Use packaged, chopped veggies.  I personally prefer fresh veggies just because I think they taste better, but when you're short on time, you'd rather have frozen veggies than none at all, am I right?

I am also a big proponent of buying pre-cooked, frozen grilled chicken breasts and grilled chicken strips.  They are the perfect addition to salad, and add the flatout bread or sandwich thins and BBQ sauce, and you've got BBQ chicken sandwich!

For more quick tips for cooking, look HERE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment